Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. I hate peas with a passion. I never eat them. If they are in my food, I pick them out.
2. I absolutely hate swallowing pills - Advil, vitamins, medicine. I hate it, and usually gag on them.
3. I went to a private school for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades. I loved going there, and I still see my principle and teachers every now and then. Some of them have been to my family's wedding receptions and mission farewells. The school made us wear uniforms, which I loved and we would pray every morning and before lunch, and say the pledge of allegiance every morning in English and then French. I love this school.
4. When I was about 10 or 11, I was goofing around with a friend and hit my face on the ground. I was supposed to have a root canal on one of my front teeth. The day I went to the dentist to have the root canal, he xrayed my tooth again, and my dead root was no longer dead. I did not get the root canal.
5. I raised the flag at Valley Forge when I was in 8th grade.
6. I travelled for three weeks in Scandinavia: Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.
7. My favorite TV shows are Friends, Smallville and The Office. I have never watched these shows on TV until this season. I have all the seasons of Friends on DVD, and all the seasons available for Smallville and The Office.
8. I met Austin at the Aggie Shuttle Bus Stop in Logan Utah. He was introduced to me as my Home Teacher. I was immediately a fan of Home Teaching ;)
9. My middle name is the name of my Great Grandmother. I love sharing the name with her.
10. I love to eat anything that goes with syrup: Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, Goblin Valley Pancakes (also known as German Pancakes).
11. Disneyland is one of my favorite places on earth. I could go there every year for the rest of my life and it still wouldn't be enough. My favorite rides are: Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, The Haunted Mansion, Screamin', and Hollywood Tower of Terror.
12. I like to sew my Halloween costumes. For 2007 I made a Mary Poppins costume and for 2008 I made school robes for me and Austin to be Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. They were awesome. Austin and I already know what we want to be for Halloween 2009. My boss nicknamed me and Austin "Mr. and Mrs. Halloween."
13. My New Year Resolution for 2008 was to go a whole year without any carbonation. I did it!
14. Currently my goals are: 1) Take flute lessons again and get to the point where I can have my own recital, intermixed with singing. 2) Become fluent in Italian and then go there. I would love to live in Italy for about a year. 3) Learn ballroom dance and be really good at it.
15. I enjoy embroidery and quilitng. I'm good at embroidery, not so good at quilting, but I am learning.
16. I have kissed a stingray. That was cool and weird.
17. I am the only person that can make my bed. I don't like it when other people change my sheets or try to make the bed, because I'm very particular about how I like it done.
18. I love to eat out. Austin and I would do it more if we could. Our favorites are Panda Express, Carl's Jr., Oive Garden, Firehouse, and Costa Vida.
19. Austin and I love love love to collect DVDs. Unfortunately we have to buy them every now and then because it would be too expensive to buy them once a week.
20. I have a yorkshire terrier. Her name is Jasmine and she is one and a half years old. She's fun.
21. I enjoy going to the dentist for a cleaning.
22. In 5th grade, a table fell on my big toe. I went to the doctor and he pulled off my entire nail. It hurt - a lot. It took approximately 15 years to completely heal. If you look closely you can tell which toe it happened to. I always thought no one would want to marry me because of how ugly it looked. In all honesty, it didn't look that bad once it had grown out, but to me, it was horrific.
23. I have the coolest family ever. Seriously.
24. Austin is my very best friend.
25. Austin and I like to read books together. We will read while driving (the person driving listens, the person not driving reads), or during our evenings. So far we have read "The DaVinci Code," "Harry Potter" 1 - 7. We are reading them together again and we are currently on book four. When we finish the series again, our next book is "Angels and Demons."

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I definitely learned some new things about you on this, Leslie.

Netti said...

I love reading all these little things about you!! You are so cute!! I also LOVE Halloween and me and Jesse already know what we're going to be for 2009, but it's a secret! I am VERY impressed that you sew your own halloween costumes! Also, I LOVE Tower of Terror, I could ride that over and over and over again!

Alicia Steere said...

Hi Leslie! I found your blog through Heather Mitchell's! How are you!? Things still going good in Logan? We have been having a crazy time, check out my blog! :) Keep in touch!

bradandstaci said...

Cute new look for your blog! I loved reading that post!