Monday, March 2, 2009

Maintenace Woman


Austin is the "Maintenance Man" at our apartment complex. When he took this job, he knew nothing about fixing anything. Now, he's a very handy man. Sometimes I'll help him with his work. Here are a few skills I've learned along the way:
1) Change Locks
2) Check and Tighten the door knobs and hinges and outlet covers
3) Stop a leaking toilet
4) Caulking windows, cracks, and sinks
5) Patch holes (I'm really good at this)
6) Touch up paint
7) Tighten towel racks
8) Replace the skinny wood on the side of the door frame that the door sits against when it's closed
9) I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of them
I'm really glad I've learned a few handy tricks myself. They are good skills to know and will come in handy the rest of our lives.

3 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

That is so nice...Chris is pretty handy too!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I just send out work orders over to you from now on.

The E's said...

That's awesome! We might have to have you teach an enrichment sometime!